Friday, July 21, 2006

"The Touch Messenger" by Samsung

Greetings from beautiful downtown Chicago!

I am working out of our downtown office today, and feeling a little spoiled as I'm working in an office with a great view of the Chicago River.

Image of Chicago River

(No, that's not a joke - it is pretty from here. I just wouldn't want to swim in it. And Chicago isn't really blue - I took the picture through the window.)

But anyway, back to the world of AT.

Check out this cool concept phone from the folks at Samsung. It won the Gold Medal at the Industrial Design Excellence Awards and uses what seems to be a refreshable braille system to write and read text messages.

Now I'm not that old, but I did manage to miss the text-messaging craze. In other words, I only text-message sparingly, and it takes awhile to compose a message. I know that there are people out there who can carry on a conversation in almost real-time via text-message. Is this a sign I'm getting older?!?

This concept phone isn't available commercially yet, but would allow persons with visual impairments a way to access the text-messaging features of this cell phone. You can read the article, but clicking here.

No comments: