Monday, March 06, 2006

Web-based Productivity Software


CHECK OUT THIS SITE!!

If you've ever been away from your work or home computer, and needed a word processor, spreadsheet program, or presentation program, but none were installed on the computer that you had access to, then you'll be excited to know about ThinkFree Office Online. That might be a run-on sentence, but you'll forgive my grammar when you see this exciting new piece of web-based technology. No download, no installation - just your favorite productivity applications whenever and wherever you need them.

I had a chance to play with the word processor over the weekend, and was floored by how similar it was to other, commercially-available word processing applications. (I don't know if I can mention them by name, so I won't. I think you know the applications of which I speak.) You can create PDFs, import graphics, and print without any problems that I noticed.

ThinkFree Office Online is currently in its beta version, so not all of the bugs may be worked out of the software yet. To use these applications, you do need to complete a free registration process.

Click here to visit ThinkFree Office Online, and let me know what you think!

No comments: